We have done a lot of fun things this July. At the begining of the month, I went to the Manti Pagent and to Young Women's camp with my ward. Both trips were very fun and spiritual. I forgot my camera on both trips, so I don't have any pictures. On the weekend of the 13th our famiyl went to a family reunion at Bear Lake. It was fun! We went last year when Tyler was only about 6 months old. He hated the water and didn't sleep very well at night. This time he loved the water, and slept half way through the night, then woke up to come sleep with me and Jeff because it was cold. The water was freezing in the Lake, and it was pretty shallow in the part swimmers were aloud to go in. This was a good thing for Tyler, since he was able to walk on his own and play without being in his baby floater. He still fell down quite a bit and got his first taste of swimming lessons. He and his cousin, Jackson, played in the buckets of water we had for the hole in the hose we used to fill up water balloons. Ty loved the ballons, too. There was one time I was eating with him on my lap. He had a balloon that wasn't very full, so I didn't think he could pop it. Well, I was wrong, half way through the meal we were both soaking wet. There is also a picture I am posting where Tyler did a face plant in the sand. It was sad to see him cry, but so funny to see him totally covered with mud because he had been playing in the water so he was soaking wet when he fell. It was a pretty fun trip. Then this last weekend we went to Ashley National Forest on the North fork of the Duchesne. I may have spelled tha wrong. Anyway, we went with my parents, my cousin Susan, and my sister Brittany and her family. It was a fun trip. There was a river that they fished in (we didn't have a lisence), and we played card games and went on a couple of walks. It was a very peaceful place, except during the first night when there were some loud drunk people that were driving their truck around dangerously in the middle of the night. Tyler spent most of the trip playing with Jackson, and trying to run away. That's one hard thing about taking a toddler on camping trips, they have way too much space to explore. He didn't take very long naps while we were there. I am glad we don't have any more trips planned at the moment so he can catch up on his sleep. He has started to copy sentences. He can say, "I love you" and a bunch of other stuff. He's really grown fast mentally in the last little while. I love him so much! Anyway, thanks to all my family who made the last camping trip so fun!
Annika Ruth Jones
11 years ago


2 comments:
Wow! You have had a busy, busy summer! My favorite picture of Tyler was the one eating the smore. It was like what is this delicious goodness? I must have more!!!! :)
July...August...September... Maybe we'll get another update by Christmas?
Post a Comment