Thursday, July 09, 2009

Independence Day




This year we did the same thing we always do, but I thought it was more fun since Ty is older. We did the children's parade and he got to ride his bike. He kept crashing into people because he kept looking behind him while he was riding it. Luckily no one got hurt! I love watching him ride his bike. He's growing up so fast! After the parade we went to the park where they had a concert and fireworks. The concert was much more fun than I remember it being. The group they had sang The Beatles, The Beach Boys and The Monkeys songs and I knew almost all of them. They also dressed up like the group they were performing and pretended to be them. The fireworks weren't too exciting, but I had lots of fun watching Trisha's reaction. It was pretty late, so before they started she was getting fussy. I was afraid she would be more mad once the loud noises started, but she was amazed! The whole time she just stared, wide eyed with her mouth open. It was adorable! The first time Ty saw them, he was terrified and we had to leave. It's funny how different each kid is. The next day Jeff went with us to the park where they had game booths and a few fun things for the kids to do. Ty won a fish and a dwarf frog (both of which are already dead). We also did our own fireworks. Jeff and a few of his friends made a dough man out of Zeponie dough and blew it up with fireworks. Ty had tons of fun with the snaps and sparklers. All in all we had a pretty good holiday.

0 comments: