I am having a hard time organizing my life with this daycare business, lol! I have been wanting to update my blog, but have been pretty distracted. It has been fun doing the daycare. Definitely a lot of work, though! I have had a lot of success getting families to come to me. Most of them have been part time, and they usually don't stay for very long since most of the clients I have had only use me for social time for their kids. Right now I have 5 consistent kids. They are so cute! There are 3 that are close to Trisha's age and 2 that are Tyler's age. I watch kids from 6am to 6pm for the next 3 weeks. It has been an adjustment getting up at 5:30, especially when I go to bed at midnight, and have a hard time falling asleep if I go to bed earlier than that. We have a quite a few new toys that Jeff has found for me at yard sales. They have been awesome deals and I highly recommend yard sale-ing! We have found a sand box, play washer/dryer, a toy oven and sink, just to name a few. So far the only really hard thing I have run into with this business is pricing. I want to give people a good deal, but also want to get my time/money worth. I'm sure I will figure it out eventually.
Ty has adjusted well to my job. He is growing up so fast! He can sing the theme for Star Wars and Indiana Jones. He is getting really good at video games, and is actually really good at Tekken! He is getting really good at writing his name and drawing pictures. He helps me out so much with chores and just doing me favors. He loves to play with Legos with Jeff and is really good at building things out of them. He is going to start preschool (Head Start) at the end of August. I am excited! I have been wanting to teach him to read, but haven't had the time.
Trisha gets a long fairly well with the other kids. She is taking on some of their more annoying habits though. I wonder if she would have been like this without their example. She has a pretty strong personality and is so over dramatic! She has learned the word "mine" and screams when any kid gets close to her if she has a toy she thinks they might want. When she doesn't want to do something, or listen to someone, she sticks out her lips and throws her chin toward her shoulder. She still sucks her two fingers, especially when she is tired or hurt. I wonder how we will ween her from that! She has her back molars, then 4 teeth on top and one front tooth on the bottom. It has been that way for quite a while. Though I think she may be getting her other front bottom tooth finally.
So, I posted pictures at the beginning for some reason it only showed the codes, so I will have to write the descriptions here. The first picture of Trish in her blue shirt was taken yesterday. She was asleep, though it's hard to tell. Sitting up in the cart, it was the funniest thing! She didn't have a nap, and she ended up still asleep when we got home and slept until this morning. The next one is of the 3 of us, then a cute one of Ty, and the last one is Trisha, wearing a Santa bib with a beard of yogurt on her face, lol! She is pulling the cheesy grin that she does when you tell her to say cheese. my kids are hams, lol!
Annika Ruth Jones
11 years ago


1 comments:
I came across your blog from Stephanie Bone's blog. I don't know how you know her, but I know her too. And I know your husband Jeff Krammer. His mom lives one street up from my mom and we can see her house from our house! I am looking for a babysitter. I work from 8 am to 5 pm from Mondays to Thursdays at from 8 am to 12 p.m. on Fridays. E-mail me back at estheryospe@yahoo.com if you would be interested in watching a 4 month old baby boy. If you live close to Centerville that is!
Post a Comment