and so much has happened! I have been dreading this post, mostly because I don't know where to start, nor do I want to leave out any important information. Here goes!
We moved to St. George in December and I love it so far! We rent a cute little townhouse, and I am no longer doing daycare since they don't allow (at least I don't think they do) businesses in a rental property. The weather has been pretty awesome. Today and yesterday were pretty rainy, but at least it's not snowing like in Bountiful where we used to live :) In fact, it has only snowed once here and people say it's the first snow they've had in 5 years!
Ty turned 5 in January. He has tons of friends who live in our townhouse community. It's nice because he can play with them anytime and run all over outside and I feel comfortable since there is only a parking lot separating the buildings, not a busy street. I love the new friends I have made. I've never felt more welcome in my whole life, and I love being a part of things. I am usually so shy that in the 5 years I lived in Bountiful, I wasn't really close to anybody in my neighborhood. I had good friends, but not people I would talk to every day. I love it!
Ty started soccer on Tuesday and he hates it! I was so excited to sign him up and to go see him play, but he sure has killed that joy. He has 7 more games and 7 more practices, so I am hoping he will change his mind and that he only hates it because it's disrupting his play time. He is going to start school in August at Little Valley Elementary School. Hopefully he will be more willing to go to school than he is to soccer! He had his first game today. It was pouring rain! There was a boy on the other team that was really big and acted older than the others. I don't know what the age bracket is, but Ty's team has tiny kids on it. The big kid kept stealing the ball and making all the goals. Our team lost of course. It would have still been fun, except Ty was whining and hiding the whole time.
On a happier note, Ty has learned so much since we moved. He can sound out his letters and spell a few words. He learns songs really fast, and he can ride his bike without training wheels!
Trisha is 2 now and definitely going through her terrible twos. She has been crying about everything for the past week, and I don't know if the move is finally kicking in or what. She is definitely a sweetheart when she is happy and she loves to make people laugh! She is always dancing and I am going to try to get her into a dance class soon that will accept 2 year olds. I can't wait!
Jeff started working at Pizza Hut the day we moved here. He started as a delivery driver and has made it up to the store manager in this short time. He is such a hard worker and I am grateful to him for supporting our family. His long hours have been hard to adjust to, but we will get used to them. They are opening up a new Pizza Hut in Santa Clara and Jeff may be going to manage there in July. We will probably be moving to Santa Clara after Ty is done with school if Jeff changes stores. It's a cute little town, but I will miss my friends here so much!
I tried to find a job at a public daycare when I moved here, but it didn't work out. I am glad because I have been able to focus more on my kids and my house. I have also been working out a lot and I love it! I got a gym membership at Gold's Gym for 1 month to see if I liked it. Ty hates going, so I probably won't continue it. I have loved it though. They have a daycare so the kids can't bug me and they have super fun classes like Zumba, Spin and an Ab class. I am hoping to stick to this and get really fit! It makes me feel better about my self and it helps me crave healthy food. I still get my vertigo bouts, but I am hoping my healthier diet will stop them. We'll see! I'm due for an episode any day now! I'll keep you posted!
Annika Ruth Jones
11 years ago


4 comments:
The pictures are great! I'm glad you're enjoying St. George so much!
Oh, nuts! I just realized I'm signed in under Nick's ID. It's me, Angie! :o)
It's fun to hear from you and see that you guys are doing well. I was wondering why I haven't seen you around lately!
I can hardly believe Trish is 2 years old! Time flies!!
Have a great day!!
Haha Angie, I do that all the time on Jeff's facebook! It's good to hear from you Donna! I hope you guys are doing well!
Post a Comment