Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Halloween

I know this post is a little late, but I am not very good at updating. Halloween was busy, but fun. Tyler broke our camera a few days before, so we don't have any pictures. Hopefully our family will share the ones they took. Ty was a skeleton. The costume came with a mask, but he wouldn't keep it on so we painted his face. The first time he saw it, he actually looked pretty freaked out, just staring in the mirror without much of an expression. He got to wear his costume quite a bit. We went to a party that a family in Jeff's parents ward have every year a few days before Halloween. They have a haunted house in their garage that's actually pretty cool . We didn't take Ty through it. He's already started having nightmares about the noisy window in his bedroom. We have really old windows that make annoying, and (to a kid) pretty scary, whistling sounds when it's windy. I hope we can afford to replace them soon. Anyway, then the day before Halloween we went to the Krammer's house for the grandkids to do Halloween stuff together, and we had a trunk-or-treat later that night. Jeff was Mr. T this year. It was a really good costume. He had a lot of comments on how cool it was. On Halloween Ty and I went trick-or-treating at my mom and Susan's work with Brittany's kids. It was fun to hear so many people say how cute our kids looked. We went to eat with Susan and a guy at the restaurant gave Ty, Jack and Dan a dollar each instead of candy. It was nice of him. That night Jeff got off early to go trick-or-treating with Ty for the first time. He usually has to work late, so he has never had a chance to take him. He had a lot of fun teaching him to say "trick-or-treat" and "thank you" at each door. Last Halloween he was sick the whole time, and even ended up puking all over his costume, so he didn't really get into trick-or-treating. He got so much candy between the trunk-or-treat and trick-or-treating. It has been a big temptation for me! I have cheated a couple time and have had pretty high blood sugar the last couple of days. I need to hide the candy!!

Well, I only have a few more weeks! I can't believe it's already November! Right now it's snowing pretty hard, too. I like snow during the Christmas season, but I hate driving in it, and being cold. When I was pregnant with Ty, it was in the winter too. I was walking down the stairs to work one day and I slipped and fell down a couple of them when I was 8 months pregnant. It was really scary because it was a very long stair case and they never had it salted or shoveled by the time I went to work because it was pretty early. Hopefully I will have better balance this year. Tyler is really excited for it. He looked out the window today and the first thing he said was, "I need glubs (gloves), mommy. Where my boots?" When it snowed earlier this year, he went outside and played in it with Jeff. They built a snowman and a snow chair. Ty loved it! I'm glad Jeff has that kind of energy, because I definitely don't. I took some pictures that hopefully I will be able to retrieve from our broken camera and post.

1 comments:

roamingjones said...

You'd better get your camera fixed before the new one makes her debut!