Saturday, November 15, 2008

Update

I went to the OBGYN on wednesday and they decided to put me on Glyburide because I haven't been able to control my blood sugar. I have to take them every 12 hours and monitor my blood 4 times a day to make sure it is working. Unfortunately one of the side effects I have been experiencing is nausea. Last night I threw up for the first time in probably a month. I also have a sinus infection and a cold, so at the moment I am not doing very well. The baby is still kicking strong, and the doctor said she is right on for her size, so I don't have to worry too much at the moment about her being too big. I only have 5 weeks left, and I am so excited to see what she looks like!

Tyler is getting smarter every day. He's become really good at understanding requests like bringing me a tissue (which I have asked him to do a lot lately), and other things like that. It makes things a lot easier for me, and he loves doing things for me. I wonder how long that will last, ha ha! He always has to wash his hands if they get even a little dirty. He plays more on his own, and he doesn't want me to carry him as much, and my back thanks him for it. He still takes naps, which will be nice for when the baby comes. They aren't scheduled, but they usually last for an hour or two. I can't believe he is going to be 3 in 2 months! Time sure goes by fast. He's such a cute kid!

2 comments:

roamingjones said...

Hang in there Shelly. I hope the nausea doesn't last. It will all be worth it soon.

Love you guys.

GJ

McDougal Family said...

I hear you on the time flying by. Andrew will be 3 in less than a month and Kaleb is almost 5 months old. I hope that the rest of your pregnancy goes smooth. It seems to me that you don't have very good luck with being pregnant. I am sorry for that. Hope all is well with your family. Love Ya!!! ~Em