Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Life Changes

Ever since we have been home I have either had Jeff here to help me, or my mother-in-law to watch Ty. Today was the first day I had to be home alone with both kids, and I am already stressed out (big surprise, eh?). Tyler will not leave Trisha alone! He always wants to hold her, or jump on the couch near her head, or hug her while she is sleeping. I'm glad he seems to love her so much, but I am afraid she will have a broken bone before she's a month old, if she's not crushed to death first. He gets so offended when I tell him to leave her alone or to be more gentle. He runs to his room, slams the door, and cries as loud as he can. He's so dramatic. It was pretty cute this morning, the first thing he said when he was me was, "where's my baby?" When he wants to hold her, he says, "I want take her." It's pretty cute, but I hope he tones it down just a little. I feel like I am yelling at him all the time now. But I am just trying to teach him how to treat her.

I am feeling a lot better. The only thing that still hurts is my back. I don't know if it's from my scoliosis or what. When I was in the hospital and told them about this pain they were a little worried about blood clots. Who knows what the problem is, but it hurts so bad I can't breathe sometimes. But it is really amazing how fast a body can recover from surgery. I can't wait to feel normal again, like before I was pregnant. And whoever said breastfeeding the second time around was easier, was a liar! lol! She is way better at it than Ty was, and she eats faster. But it is just as painful. At least this time I know it will get better. I almost quit with Ty. She is a much better baby than Ty was. She only cries when she is hungry. Ty only didn't cry when he was having his diaper changed. I'm glad he is such a good toddler. He really is a sweetie and I love him. I am so glad to be a mom to both of them :)

0 comments: