Friday, December 19, 2008

She's Here!!

Our sweet baby girl, Trisha Marie Krammer, was born December 17th at 10:22am. She weighed 5.6lbs and was 19in long. She has dark brown hair, which is very short on the top so she looks like she is balding, lol! She is a pretty good sleeper during the day, but loves to keep me awake during the night. We are still in the hospital, hopefully able to leave tomorrow.
My c-section went great! I was very nervous at first, and pretty uncomfortable after sitting in a bed for 2 hours before the surgery. I was shivering uncontrollably. It took them forever (so it seemed) to do the spinal block. Then they laid me on the OR table, spread my arms out, and covered my head and neck with warm towels and an oxygen mask. I felt like I was going to suffocate! Jeff stood by my head and told me when he could see her. It went really fast. I felt a bunch of pressure and tugging, then they put her up to the curtain they draped in front of me. I didn't really get a chance to focus on her before they took her away. I also kept hearing the docs say I might need a transfusion because of the blood I was losing. But that problem was solved quickly. I looked up and saw a bunch of smoke and got a burning taste in my mouth. They were cotterizing the tiny arteries, and were able to get the bleeding under control. When I was sewn up, they lifted me from the OR table to my bed. It was such a weird feeling because I was numb from my chest down. My feet sort of just plopped around and it seemed as if they weren't part of my body. The numbness didn't totally wear off until about midnight, which was when they had me get up for the first time.
When I held Trisha for the first time, it didn't seem like she was really mine. I felt like someone was just letting me hold their baby. But I remember feeling the same way with Ty. He was able to see her for a few hours the day she was born. He seems to love her. He kept calling her "My baby" and kept wanting to hold her. I haven't seen him since Wednesday and I really miss him! Jeff let him talk to me on the phone today. I hope he doesn't think I have abandoned him! Jeff got to stay with me for the first 2 nights, but he is home with Ty tonight. They are coming up first thing in the morning. I can't wait!
It's crazy to think that Christmas is only 5 days away! I tried to get everything ready before she came, but I didn't succeed. Jeff did a bunch of stuff today. I really appreciate how much he is willing to help. I also want everyone who has helped or has been willing to help with Ty and other things since Trisha came. We really couldn't have done it this smoothly without each of you. Thanks for your support and prayers! Sorry, no pictures today. I'll posi some tomorrow if I have time.

1 comments:

katherine said...

congratulations. i can't wait to see photos! i am glad that things went well!! merry christmas!!